Peak Power Services is currently seeking a level 4 Power Engineer for the Florida Market.
Qualified candidates should have Central Office design and installation experience.
This person must have the ability to provide good customer service, work independently, have good time management skills, and have good verbal and written communications skills. They must provide after hours or on-call support as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specify DC power plants and UPS Systems for client equipment facilities
- Must have full understanding of DC Power in varying DC applications (i.e. 24V, 48V.)3. Coordinate power plant configuration with Design and Central Office Engineering and Facilities Engineering
4. Establish design criteria for various facility types
5. Establish generic power plant packages for clients
6. Manage the Engineering, Furnishing and prepare bid documents of all power plants
7. Provide support on projects through the development of MOPs, material lists, and installation drawings
8. Support Facilities Engineering on the EF&I portion of the project
9. Design and manage power plant augmentations on existing facilities
10. Maintain accurate documentation of all DC Power Plant, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and Inverter loading and specifications as needed.
11. Analyze historical data to establish load trending and modify generic power plant packages (if necessary)
12. Support Central Office Engineering with Commercial and Emergency AC power issues and power plant structural loading issues in the construction design documents phase
13. Establish Test & Acceptance procedures
14. Design and manage UPS systems from the UPS commercial input breaker through and including the UPS and out to the end user equipment
15. Support the review of Customer collocation requests as required
- The candidate must have experience as a crew leader, with strong job planning and time management skills.
- This position requires varying working hours, and the candidate must have experience working at night in a maintenance window (typically 12:00AM to 5:00AM.)
Candidate must be able to pass a drug test, background and driving check.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.